Christmas Tree Farms & Lots
NOTE: Due to the overwhelming popularity of tree farms this year, some farms are closing early for the season. Please double check with the farm before setting out.
While the pandemic has led to a lot of changes this holiday season, you can still enjoy one of Sonoma County's most celebrated traditions: visiting local Christmas tree farms and lots! We've worked with the County to provide specific guidance to help ensure that tree farms and lots comply with County and State rules, including providing hand-sanitizing stations, frequently sanitizing high-touch surfaces such as saws and wagons, and limiting capacity to indoor sites such as barns, shed, and farm stores. Please abide by all posted rules and regulations, and help the tree farm and lot operators keep you, their staff, and our entire community happy and healthy this holiday season. When in doubt as to what is allowed or offered, please check directly with the tree farm or lot. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and have fun!
- Everyone ages 2 year old and over must wear a face covering at all times, except when eating or drinking at a designated socially distant outdoor dining area. (Note that children under 2 and those with certain conditions are not required to wear a face covering; read the current State of California face covering rules here.)
- Only visit with those in your own household. Stay at least 6 feet apart from those not in your household.
- Wash your hands well and often. Frequently use hand sanitizer available throughout the tree farm and lots.
- Food and drink is not allowed to be consumed anywhere on the premises due to the Stay-Home Order effective Dec. 12.
- Follow posted protocols for entering and exiting the premises.
- Follow in-person capacity signage for indoor retail locations such as barns or farm stores.
- Sanitize merchandise (e.g. ornaments, gifts) after purchase.
- Stay home if you're feeling unwell (have a cough, fever over 100 degrees, shortness of breath, etc.), or if you've been exposed to anyone who's tested positive for COVID.
Celesta Farms: Visit us this holiday season to choose and cut the perfect Douglas Fir, Scotch Pine, Colorado Blue Spruce, Monterey Cypress, Deodar Cedar, Nordman Fir, or White Fir to decorate! We also have larger pre-cut Noble Firs, and Nordman Firs, handmade wreaths, garland, and mistletoe! CLOSED FOR THE SEASON.
Crazy Rudolph's Christmas Trees: Christmas trees with the best prices in town. Owned and operated by veterans, offering a discount for all veterans and first responders. Open the Friday before Thanksgiving (Nov. 20).
- Address: Veteran's Memorial Building 1350 Bennett Valley Road, Santa Rosa.
- Hours: Daily 9 am to 9 pm, Nov. 20 to Dec. 20.
Frosty Mountain Tree Farm: Your family can choose and cut from Douglas Fir, Scotch Pine, Sequoia Redwood, Leyland Cypress and fresh cut Noble Fir. Wreaths and Christmas decor also available. Socially distant hay rides and picnic area. Read their COVID guidelines here. Curbside pickup available. CLOSED FOR THE SEASON.
Garlock Tree Farm: Stroll 10 acres of choose-and-cut trees in sizes ranging up to 12+ feet, including the popular Douglas Fir, as well White Fir, White Spruce, Scotch Pine, Grand Fir, Incense Cedar, Murray Cypress, and Monterey Pine. Also shop their expanded, semi-outdoor holiday store for wreaths, ornaments, stocking stuffer, and more. CLOSED FOR THE SEASON.
Grandma Buddy's Christmas Trees: Choose and cut from Douglas fir, Balsam and White fir, White Spruce, and Grand fir. We also offer pre-cut Nobel Firs and some years Silver Tips. Decorations, centerpieces, and wreaths also available. Call for special orders.
- Address: 8575 Graton Road, Sebastopol; 707-823-4547
- Hours: Daily 9 am to 5:30 pm, Friday, Nov. 27 to Wednesday, Dec. 23
Graton Fire Department Tree Farm: All of the proceeds go towards supporting the Graton Fire Department. We offer choose and cut Douglas Fir, White Spruce, several pine varieties, sequoia, and white fir. Hand-picked ornaments and wreathes for sale as well as pre-cut Noble and Douglas Fir. CHOOSE & CUT CLOSED FOR THE SEASON. SMALL AMOUNT OF PRE-CUTS REMAINING.
- Address: 3750 Gravenstein Hwy N., Sebastopol; 707-322-2091
- Hours: Opening day Friday, Nov. 27, 9 am to 5 pm; Tuesdays to Sundays 9 am to 5 pm, through Dec. 23. Open Dec. 24, 9 am to 12 pm.
Harmony Farm Supply & Nursery: If you'd like a living tree, you can find a wide selection here. You can also participate in the "Gifting a Tree Project": Purchase a live tree at either store to enjoy over the holidays, then bring it back to Harmony and regift it to plant in a fire-ravaged area; or purchase a tree specifically for that purpose.
- Addresses: 3244 Gravenstein Hwy N., Sebastopol; 707-823-9125. 5400 Old Redwood Hwy N., Penngrove; 707-665-6345
- Hours: Open daily
Larsen's Christmas Tree Farm: Larsen's Christmas tree farm has been the favorite place to cut your Christmas tree since 1965. A wholesome family outing in Sonoma county for all. CLOSED FOR THE SEASON.
Little Hills Christmas Tree Farm: Choosing and cutting your own fresh tree or choosing a fresh cut fir from a beautiful selection engages your entire family in an experience that delights the senses, and helps each person get in touch with the magic of Christmas spirit. Choose and cut from Monterey Pine, Carolina Saphires, and Leyland Cypress trees. Or select a pre-cut Douglas Firs, Noble Firs, or Turkish Firs. CLOSED FOR THE SEASON.
Pronzini Ranch Christmas Trees: Choose and cut from a variety of trees, including Monterey Pine. Wreaths and garland available. Hay rides by appointment only. You can also order your tree online.
- Address: 3795 Adobe Road, Petaluma; 707-778-3871
- Hours: Daily 12 to 6 pm, Nov. 27 to Dec. 24
Reindeer Ridge Christmas Tree Farm: Reindeer Ridge Christmas Tree Farm is owned and operated by Paul and Debbie Garavaglia and their children Kellie and Jodi. We are nestled in the hills of Sonoma County with extraordinary views of the countryside. Choose and cut from a variety of trees, or select pre-cut trees.
- Address: 3500 Mariola Road, Sebastopol; 707-829-1569
- Hours: Open from Thanksgiving through Christmas except Wednesdays. Mondays, Tuesday, Thursdays & Fridays 11 am to 5:30 pm. Saturday and Sundays, 9 am to 5:30 pm
Santa's Trees: We are one of the oldest tree farms in Sonoma County, an old-fashioned choose and cut farm. Choose and cut from Douglas Fir, White Fir, and a mixture of other varieties. Dogs welcome on leash. Open by appointment only. Call to make reservation. $5 discount if you mention Holidays Along the Farm Trails. CLOSED FOR THE SEASON.
Spirit of Christmas Christmas Tree Farm: Choose and cut from Douglas Fir and other varieties. Wreaths and garland also available Preorder now. Open everyday including Christmas Day, rain or shine.
- Address: 3660 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol; 707-624-5382
- Hours: Daily 9 am to 9 pm, Nov. 27 to Christmas